Full-time | Remote
Pony is a small design studio, with its core team based in London. We work with startups, growing scale-ups, and established brands to help them design the perfect user experience for their products. We work with a small number of clients at once and act as their design partner.
Just like our clients, the designers we work with are based all around the world. We work with a pool of freelance partners, as well and we're now looking for an experienced product designer to join our core team full time.
• Strong User Experience skills - user research, wireframing, prototyping
• Experience with turning complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences (the products we're building require deep product thinking!)
• UI skills - you should have experience with visual design and understand how paddings, margins, typography work together
• A self-driven person with a bias for action who wants to get stuff done. We're looking for a team player who likes to get involved and take ownership. We don’t like to micro-manage.
• Enjoying working in a small, distributed team
• Feeling comfortable with meeting with clients (online only) and contributing to the overall project
• Experience with Figma
• Fluent in spoken and written English
• Location - up to 4 hours time difference from the UK
• Building disruptive digital products from an idea stage to ready-for-the-market product
• Technology startups from a variety of industries - fintech, health tech, education, prop tech, marketplaces, etc
• Optimising the performance of existing products with thousands of users, collaborating with both our internal team and our clients
• You will be involved in both - our product design and branding projects, collaborating with our external partners, and sometimes leading the direction of a project.
• Designing engaging user experiences on Figma
• Building clickable prototypes and testing product performance
• Running UX experiments to make informed design decisions
• Participating and sometimes leading design workshops and ideation sessions with clients
• Occasionally working on Pony's social media posts to engage our growing community
The role is suitable for a person with a preference for UX, but they should also be able to spot the small bottom margin which is not consistent with the rest of the UI. We care about the details and we hope you do, too.
Deep product thinking and natural curiosity how to engage users is a huge plus.
Ideally, we're looking for someone who's got a few years of experience in building digital products. If we click, we're up for it!
✅ The opportunity to work on world-class innovative products and have your work featured and recognised in the industry. Some of our clients have been backed by Y Combinator, Techstars, and other leading accelerators and investors.
✅ Competitive salary
✅ Work from wherever you want (even after the pandemic)
✅ Flexible working hours
✅ Budget for training and professional upgrade
✅ MacBook Pro and the best design tools you’ll need
✅ Desk at a co-working space in your local area, if you wish
You might have seen our work on: